Wednesday, December 19, 2007


Cathey and Ed Lozick came to the bar today and I presented them with the book. Cathey cried on nearly every page and Dulcie said Ed look like he had tears in his eyes as well!  They both came inside where I was working and hugged me.  Cathey ordered three more, one for each of their kids who will be visiting them next week for Christmas.  What a rewarding experience to see a couple, who can afford just about anything in life, and have lived it to the fullest, become so emotional over a little photo book from my computer! I'm very happy about it.
I would like to pitch it to Lago Mar and/or other resorts where I tell them all the beautiful stock postcard-like photos are already in place throughout the book, and all we need is guests, or conventioneers, to send us 10 or so photos of their visit, and I could whip a book out in no time, since all the ground work taking the property photos is already done.  Ed suggested giving each guest a disposable digital camera and having them drop it off at the desk when they check out with an order form for the photo book.  Not a bad idea... great to get repeat convention business, tourists, and members who have family in town, like the book I did for the Lozicks.
Tonight I have one final project to get done for Christmas.  My friend Sparky's wife wants a collage of old photos of her brother from his days playing football in High School.  Newspaper articles, sports photos, team photo, etc.  all merged into one.  By the way, the other photo here is a collage I did for Sparky when he caddied for Chi-Chi Rodriguez back in the late 70's. He got Chi-Chi to autograph it 30 years later, about a month ago! Click photo for larger view.

No comments: