Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hot Wheels!



Hello, not much to report down here... just the normal routine... Gerdie has gone back to her owner for a while, and both Karen and I are busy working. Was sorting through some photos and found this blast from the past. Bob Foard brought his Triumph TR-7 to Moorestown for me to buy. I fell in love instantly... think I ended up paying $1,700.00 for it and fell behind on the loan payments only after a few months, and the faulty head on the engine finally blew. Dad had to bail me out and I sold it for $1,300.00. No wonder I'm not really a "car guy."

My 1999 Toyota Camry drives like a dream, and it's been paid for since 2005. Has 117,00 miles, and I hope to take it over 200,000. Karen on the other hand is a "car girl" and needs to have the flashy wheels. Her BMW lease is up in March so she needs to "scale down." Dan told her she should buy the car outright, and then turn around and sell it for a couple thousand profit. We're looking at all options. That tiny "Smart Car" she test drove is cute, but she wouldn't feel safe in it driving at 70 mpg.

I'm off on Sunday. We were invited by a couple at Lago Mar Club, Dan and Cynthia Niles, to go to their condo for cocktails at 3 p.m. and watch the parade of 10 Cruise Ships sail out of Port Everglades. Remember those condos that blare the air horns and blink the lights when we went out on the Millenium Cruise? That will be us on Sunday!

Off to work 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today.

-Mike

No comments: