Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bad Gerdie

We had a rough first night with Gerdie, but I think she's settled now. Crying, barking, pawing and just about every bodily function known to a dog was on display, including a hairball vomit session at 2 a.m. Might have been the little mini dead frog she found behind the planter... don't know if she swallowed it or what. Karen and I barely slept, but amazingly, when we did the one thing that would make her go crazy, locked her in her padded cage about 3 a.m., she cried initially but then we never heard a peep out of her again.

To make matters worse, we're having bad rain and thunderstorms outside, so when I got up at 7 a.m. to take the dog for a walk, it was pouring rain and she wanted nothing to do with that, but there was no way I was going to leave her in the house "on a full tank." I finally braved the rain in the backyard with her and she did her business.

I feel like I've been up all night with a crying baby. I'm exhausted! LOL To Gerdie's credit, she loves attention, is very playful, and when I really get serious at the computer, she lays patiently on the floor playing with a stuffed animal...oh wait, that's Karen's good satin couch pillow from Nordsdrom! Whatever!

No comments: