Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Karen!


Today my young beautiful wife turns the big 4-0! Yikes! Isn't that the year our dad bought mom a mink stole from Zinman Furs? No mink stole for my honey, Jess would have a fit!

Got her a beautiful iPhone from Apple! She likes to share photos with her family on her point and shoot camera so this has a bigger and higher resolution screen. She also will use the calendar to check cleaning appointments when on the road, she loves listening to iTunes which it includes, she'll have mobile hand held web access to check e-mail, news, weather, directions, etc., and oh yes, it's a phone too!

In other news, Walter Banks, owner of Lago Mar, has approved of my photo books to be offered to convention business at the hotel! Now, when someone contacts Lago Mar's sales office about possibly holding a meeting, banquet or convention there, part of the package they will receive is a flyer advertising my photo books. Also, they did not mark up my prices and want the prospect to contact 101photoservices.com directly, so I'll have complete control over the sale, if anyone is interested. Hopefully I can keep this going when (if) I leave.

The only downside is that all the billing would be separate from Lago Mar's "package" which may have made it more convenient for the business customer to just have them throw the books in as part of the total price. As you know, business people have to get purchase orders, approvals, etc. We'll see.

While I only expect maybe a trickle of business, it at least opens the door to me possibly doing this for the actual hotel tourist market as opposed to just the business market. Families are such a huge part of our business, and I think there would be more "action" with the books with that segment instead. I need to do a prototype book for the "Family Vacation" and get it in front of Mr. Banks. I have two pool photos in my book that he said he wants to pay me for, so that he can use them. I think I'll use them as "ransom" to start the family vacation book concept.

I'm on my 8th straight day of work, and have another 7 to go before I get a day off. We are short 2 bartenders at the busiest time of the year, so I'm "busting it" as mom would say. Next Thursday, Karen and I are going to Orlando for 1 day to visit the trade show at the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. Since I'm in the market for a high end digital camera, I want to visit directly with the Canon and Nikon reps, and maybe catch a "show special" price on a camera.

That's it from South Florida!

No comments: