Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hi Everybody,

The past 2 weeks have been pretty rough for me. I slipped on some water and a bathroom rug - 2 weeks ago.

The first week I had 3 chiropractor treatments (just thought I needed an adjustment) The second week, I had cortisone injected in back -and got a stronger pain med. No help from the cortisone, but the stronger pain med helps a lot.

Yesterday, I had x-rays and apparently I fractured my Lumbar 2.
No treatment - other than a back brace and pain meds - it will take 6 weeks to 3 mos. to heal.
I'm hoping for 6 weeeks.

I can do everything that I have to do in this house, so I'm sleeping a lot and catching up on all the news and tv shows. I'm going to try a movie with a friend today??

My allergies went nuts and for a week I had lost my voice and was coughing constantly -OUCH!
My Internist ordered a "Zpack" and some good cough syrup - so I am finally over that.

Some good news for me - I have lost 6 lbs. - not drinking alcohol with these meds and not much appetite since I'm a couch potato. I keep ordering clothes on QVC - it's my satisfaction for now.

Other than all of above, - I'm great for 79!!

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Karen said...

And the blog comes alive again!!! Congrats on your weight loss, Mom!
Kar

Mike said...

Thanks for your blog contribution, Mom. Sorry it took bad news to make the blog, but I'll take any news at this point. Hope you heal in 6 weeks!

Mike said...

Thanks for your blog contribution, Mom. Sorry it took bad news to make the blog, but I'll take any news at this point. Hope you heal in 6 weeks!